This policy sets out how Qatar International Court and Dispute Resolution Centre ("us", "we", "QICDRC") may use the personal data that we collect from you. By using any of our services including our website and by providing us with any personal information, you are consenting to the use of your personal information as set out in this policy. Please do not send us any personal information if you do not want your personal information to be used in this way. We may make changes to this policy from time to time to reflect developments in the law and best practices or in the provision of our services.
What personal information do we hold?
We collect and use certain types of information about individuals dealing with us, as part of our judicial function or alternative dispute resolution services. In addition, we may occasionally be required by law to collect and use certain types of information to comply with the requirements of the QFC and/or the State of Qatar.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may collect your personal data when you:
- use or access our website or use our other social media channels;
- request information or email an enquiry to us;
- register for an event;
- participate in any survey or other similar exercise undertaken by us ; or
- send personal data to us by any other means.
What Can Your Personal Date be Used For
We may use your personal data for any of the following purposes:
- to provide and improve our services to you;
- to manage our relationship with you;
- to administer and improve our website; including to compile anonymous statistics, for example, website usage statistics;
- to market, enhance and improve our services;
- to maintain internal record keeping and audits;
- for recruitment;
- as required by law; and/or
- for other legitimate business purposes
Who Can We Share Your Personal Data With
- Government and regulatory bodies or entities
- Other businesses and third parties (such as our service providers, IT hosting and maintenance providers and other contractors) which we engage to help us run our business, for example to provide services to you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
- Such other entities or bodies as my be required by law; and
- Other parties to which you authorise us to release it.
Storing, Transferring and Processing Your Personal Data
Your personal data may be kept in paper files and/or held in electronic form (e.g. on our IT systems, in emails, on the cloud or in databases). It may be transferred to an entity, and/or stored at a destination outside the QFC. For example we may transfer your personal data to our service providers, agent or supplier outside the QFC or the State of Qatar for the purposes described above. This means that your personal data may be transferred to another jurisdiction outside of the QFC or the State of Qatar, which may not have the same data protection laws, as are applicable in the QFC or the State of Qatar. Any transfer of your personal data to another jurisdiction would be carried out in accordance with the QFC Data Protection Regulations 2005, including any amendments or laws passed in substitution of such regulates (the “Regulations”).
Your personal data may also be processed by our service providers, agent or supplier operating outside the QFC or the State of Qatar for the purposes of providing the services to you or for the purposes described above
By submitting your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Please note that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed entirely secure. While we strive to protect your personal data, we can neither ensure nor warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
The Regulations sets out your rights as an individual in relation to your personal data and how it is used. The Regulations give you the right to access information held about you.
1. By accessing any part of this site, you will be deemed to have accepted these terms.
2. These terms are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Qatar Financial Centre (QFC) and applicable Qatari laws.
3. Any disputes relating to this notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Qatar Financial Centre Civil and Commercial Court.
1. The Qatar International Court and Dispute resolution Centre (QICDRC) provides the information and materials on this site in good faith and believes that they are correct at the time of inclusion, but provides no warranty of any kind. The QICDRC does not accept any liability for inaccuracies, errors or omissions. The QICDRC does not accept any liability for inaccuracies, errors or omissions in the translation of the legislation original Arabic text into English and vice versa.
2. The Qatar International Court and Dispute resolution Centre (QICDRC) provides no warranty that this site is free of computer viruses.
3. In no circumstances is the QICDRC liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise including but not limited to those arising from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure, even if OICDRC, or representatives thereof, are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses, or expenses.
4. The materials on this site do not and are not intended to constitute legal or other professional advice. You should seek advice from a professional adviser.
1. The electronic versions of legislation and other official materials (including regulations, rules, etc…) on this site, and any copies printed from them, are provided for convenience and information only.
2. At various points in this site you may be offered links to other sites, but these links are for information and convenience only and should you leave this site via a link contained herein, you do so at your own risk. The QICDRC does not control these sites and is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites.
1. The QICDRC owns the copyright and any other rights in this site and all material on it, unless otherwise stated, and you are responsible for obeying all applicable laws relating to the intellectual property laws subsisting in this site and the material on it.
2. Materials or related graphics on this site are not to be modified in any way.
3. The graphics on this site are not to be used separately from the accompanying text.
4. The QICDRC allows you to make copies of this site as necessary incidental acts during your viewing of it and the like. You may also print or store so much of the site as is reasonable for personal use or for use within an individual firm or organisation.
5. The QICDRC will allow you to
a. print or store its on-line application forms and
b. to copy to individual third parties no more than a small number of relevant provisions if incidental to advice or like activities.
c. Except for the authorised use mentioned in the two preceding paragraphs, any material on the site may not be copied, displayed, distributed, downloaded, licensed, modified, published, re-posted, reproduced, reused, sold, transmitted, used to create a derivative work or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes in whole or in part without prior written permission from the QICDRC and without acknowledging the source, either by the use of appropriate words or by our copyright notice (Qatar International Court and Dispute resolution Centre).
d. The creating, updating, modification and maintenance of this site and any material on it for public viewing does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
1. The QICDRC will use reasonable efforts to ensure this site is available to you, without warranty of any kind. Due to the possibility of human and technical errors, the QICDRC will not be liable if, for any reason, the site is unavailable for a period of time.
2. The QICDRC reserves the right to temporarily or permanently suspend the site without notice.
* For the convenience of readers, the QICDRC publishes the material on its website in the English and Arabic languages. The Arabic language version is the original and definitive text for the QICDRC procedural rules. In the event of any inconsistency between the meaning of the Arabic and English versions of a document published on this website, the Arabic text shall be given precedence and be considered as the authoritative text for all purposes.